A Closer Look at Bay Park



Looking to sell your San Diego home? Get a free home value report
Looking to buy a San Diego home? Click here for full MLS access

I recently joined Craig Sewing on “The American Dream” to talk about the Bay Park market and the real estate market in general. Here are a few highlights of what I discussed.

The defining point of the market continues to be our low inventory. We are seeing the seasonal trend toward an increase, especially in the higher end, as affordability has dropped. However, for first-time homebuyers, it’s still a great market, even though there is not much to choose from.

As for Bay Park in general, this is an area I love. You can get a view property here that’s relatively affordable and have a central commute all in one. Over the last decade or so that I have been out here, I’ve really seen a changing demographic. There is a younger population coming in, along with a rejuvenation of the school system and the economic sector. The next big thing we’re seeing here is the trollies coming in, which would have another positive impact.




There has been a changing demographic here over the last decade.


I also discussed a few great listings that we have out in Bay Park, including one of the original houses built way back in 1894. It's a 4,600 square feet property that backs up to Tecolote Canyon and a 990-acre nature preserve. This home is a one-of-a-kind property in a one-of-a-kind location.

If you have any questions about Bay Park or the San Diego real estate market in general, or if you are looking to buy or sell a home, please feel free to give me a call or send me an email. I look forward to hearing from you.